Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Broken Destiny


The Broken Destiny
Carlyle Labuschagne


Labuschagne gives us a whole new world to explore. Poseidon. I enjoyed learning about this new world and the historical connections the story gives us. The story gives us a background and the ancient history of Poseidon's inhabitants. It brought in elements of magic and prophecy that kept me interested. We follow the main character, Ava, as she finds out who and what she really is. While I enjoy the main characters thoughts about what is happening around them at times it seemed long and drawn out. I found myself at times skimming through some of the self dialogue. I was just more interested in her interaction with the other characters in the books. Those boys were just a little too irresistible to overlook. Overall it was a great foundation for what I'm sure is going to be an amazing series.

Goodreads  Amazon   Barnes and Noble

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on The Broken Destiny :) Truly appreciated that you took the time to post about it xoxo

    ReplyDelete