Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Publisher: LemonPress Publishiing
Date of Publication: August 20, 2014
Number of pages: 388
Word Count: 96K
Cover Artist: Tamara Sands
“Her world, her mission…is about to change. What do you choose when your blood is on the line?”
A world where your life is a mission and to succeed you must have resolute devotion to duty.
Seventeen-year-old Anna Hasdiel is a noviate at Hope Academy, a secret school for young angels where she and her sister, Amalie, train to become Warrior Legites with the duty of protecting humans from Demons for the Legion United.
Anna's devoted to the angelic cause.
She's always known she would be a Warrior for the Legion. Her world is about to change.
Noviates have been disappearing from Angel Academies around the world. No one knows why. They just hope they won’t be next.
The Powers send in Legite Nathaniel Deror for protection. Legite Deror is strong, fierce and mysterious. He seems to have it in for Anna one second and the next he’s rescuing her. He makes her feel things she shouldn’t.
They must travel to the home of the fallen Archangel Lucifer, where they will fight past a host of deadly enemies. Where do loyalties lay?
She never planned for this. She never planned for him.
Gemini Emery is a horse trainer living in Colorado with two yappy dogs and a few quirky horses.
She graduated from Regis University with a BS in Business Administration and a minor in philosophy.
A life-long reader, Emery has always had a special affection for the urban fantasy and paranormal romance realms.
When not riding horses or writing, she likes archery, hiking and shooting. She reads until her vision blurs, spends time with family and drinks an excessive amount of chai and coffee.
Devoted is her first novel.
Top ten things you didn't know about the author
- In elementary school, Emery had to be tutored in reading and was made fun of when she couldn’t read aloud like the other kids.
- She’s allergic to practically everything, including horses and hopps. She had to take Benadryl everyday just to be around them.
- She showed horses competitively and specialized in the Hunter/Jumper divisions as a youth.
- She wrote outlines in college for other students to help pay her tuition.
- She has a terrible sleep disorder commonly known as insomnia (or reads-too-much).
- She was engaged, but called it off before her twenty-first birthday.
- Awful at math!
- She’s a pescatarian meaning she only eats fish, but no other animal products and even eating fish can make her sad.
- Graduated high school early.
- Hates cake, but LOVES brownies.
- She organizes her blouses by sleeve length (OCD, I know).
- She consistently has a pile of books on her nightstand ready for reading, yet continues to buy new ones to add to the pile.
- Loves the Rocky movies with a passion and ate raw eggs for a week straight after she watched the movie!! She was nine.